55543Re: [Authentic_SCA] Berries on my Bay tree - what to do with them?

  • Natasha Laity Snyder
    Mar 23, 2007
      [MODERATOR NOTE - As a courtesy to our many members who receive this list in digest form, we ask that you do not top post. Please be sure to edit your posts so that unnecessary information is not repeated. Thank you. Jehanne de Wodeford, Pacific Time Zone Moderator]

      In the hazy recesses of my mind, I thought that they were boiled en
      masse and the wax from the outside of their skins was skimmed off the
      top of the boiling water in order to get a scented product used in
      making candles.

      Tangwystel

      > Does anyone know anything more about these berries? Has anyone seen
      > references to them in medieval recipes (food or cosmetic or other)?
      > Any clue of what stage I should harvest the berries and how to prepare
      > them? Might they be known by other names? Any other search terms
      > that might work on google?
      >
      > Please help me, I don't want to waste such a novel harvest.
      >
      > Teffania

    • Show all 12 messages in this topic