      > Hello Aliskye,
      >
      > From your original question, it sounded like you wanted a trim
      appropriate
      > for the garb you were making. I no longer have the original post
      where you
      > ask for help, but I got the impression that you were doing Western
      European
      > garb and it was a later period than tablet weaving was appropriate
      for. To
      > my understanding, kumihimo is exclusively a Japanese decoration, and
      > wouldn't be found on clothing in Europe. I'm not suggestion you
      don't play
      > with it, I just don't believe it's the best answer to your original
      > question.
      >
      > Samia

      Hi Samia,

      I don't think I was the one who asked the original question (but lord
      knows I'm not sure what I had for breakfast this morning.) My area
      of interest is primarily Elizabethan but I think a lot of the narrow
      ware braids (fingerloop braiding, tablet weaving and kumihimo) give
      pretty much the same result and it wouldn't be noticable if I used
      one or the other as decoration.

      In any case, I'm enjoying doing the kumihimo for simple braids for
      award cords, but would love to learn some new patterns.

      regards,

      aliskye

    • Show all 11 messages in this topic