54972RE: [Authentic_SCA] Re: Braiding trim

  • J. May
    Dec 9, 2006
      Hello Aliskye,

      From your original question, it sounded like you wanted a trim appropriate
      for the garb you were making. I no longer have the original post where you
      ask for help, but I got the impression that you were doing Western European
      garb and it was a later period than tablet weaving was appropriate for. To
      my understanding, kumihimo is exclusively a Japanese decoration, and
      wouldn't be found on clothing in Europe. I'm not suggestion you don't play
      with it, I just don't believe it's the best answer to your original
      question.

      Samia
    • Show all 11 messages in this topic