54901Re: [Authentic_SCA] The Confessional - continued

  • Adele de Maisieres
    Nov 30, 2006
      Heather Rose Jones wrote:
      >> Yes, and? I'm not claiming to have a strong case for drawers, here--
      >> just sweaty thighs and a preference for something a little better than
      >> mundane pants.
      >>

      > I'm sorry -- I though the site was being offered in evidence of the
      > historicity of medieval women wearing underpants, that's why I
      > offered further interpretation about it. I guess I got confused
      > because if people simply want to wear underpants with their medieval
      > outfits for personal reasons, there's no reason to try to dig up
      > historic evidence for it.

      Well, I'd like to justify it historically if I could, but all I've found
      is the odd little hint-- not enough to make a case for anything, just
      enough to make me keep an eye open for anything more solid. In the mean
      time, though, I do have purely practical reasons for wanting drawers,
      and white linen ones are at least a bit less glaringly mundane than
      modern ones.

      --
      Adele de Maisieres

      Habeo metrum - musicamque,