54248RE: [Authentic_SCA] Re: A question about peace

  • Robert Van Rens
    Sep 7, 2006
      What makes you think this was a time of peace? Internal conflict continued
      apace under the Tokugawa Shogunate...Japanese history is at least a bloody
      as European, just a bit more formalized. The shoguns wiped out a huge
      number of daimyo families, and spent the next two hundred years stamping out
      brushfire rebellions. Those swords weren't just for show, folks...

      And while we're at it, let's all agree never, ever to use Wikipedia as
      source material. Doing so is the epitome of "I read it on the Internet"...
      Since anyone with any kind of agenda can alter the information presented
      there at will, it's very hard to accept that it ahs ANY kind of scholarly
      rigor.

      Eadric the Potter

      > > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heian_period
      >

      >http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edo_period

      Windows Live Spaces is here! It�s easy to create your own personal Web site.
      http://spaces.live.com/signup.aspx
    • Show all 26 messages in this topic