54201Re: [Authentic_SCA] Mac bible gambeson pattern

  • kittencat3@aol.com
    Aug 30, 2006
      Over mail is interesting...I wonder if they had some sort of armor plate
      built in? Later jacks and jupons frequently did.

      There's an excellent picture of a quilted tunic (*not* a gambeson, alas -
      appears to be a civilian garment) in Averil Colby's book *Quilting*. Colby also
      has a few nice pictures of quilted military garments, although nothing from
      the Mac Bible. I'd definitely check that out as well, if only for background.

      Sarah Davies