53974Re: [Authentic_SCA] Mohawks, Hair Gel, and Manicures... Bog Men With Style

  • ranvaig@columbus.rr.com
    Aug 1, 2006
      > > >Now I finally have a reason to paint my nails... :-)
      >>
      >>it'd be interesting to find out what they used to do their nails. the
      > >article doesn't really say. anyone feel like digging?

      http://www.stonepages.com/news/archives/001690.html

      Carbon testing, for example, showed that Clonycavan man died between
      392- 201 BCE and Oldcroghan man from 362-175 BCE. One of these
      experts is Don Brothwell, the York University archaeologist who led
      the scientific investigation of Lindow Man, the bog body found in
      Cheshire (England) in 1984.

      So a bit early for most SCA reenactment.

      Ranvaig
    • Show all 19 messages in this topic