53964Re: [Authentic_SCA] Re: Interesting find in a Irish bog.

  • Greg Lindahl
    Jul 31 10:10 AM
      On Mon, Jul 31, 2006 at 08:20:53AM -0500, Amy Heilveil wrote:

      > I also think it's wonderful that the people of Ireland are so interested and
      > aware that even those who operate digging machines keep an eye out for
      > artifacts.

      This is less amazing than it seems. In most urban areas in Europe it
      is frequent to discover archeological sites while digging, and of
      course in all the areas fought over during WWI and WWII, there are
      millions of shells and bombs waiting to be found. Ireland doesn't
      suffer from the second, but does have the first, in spades.

      Now this guy was unusually alert to have noticed this in the bog...

      -- Gregory
    • Show all 5 messages in this topic