53795Re: [Authentic_SCA] domestic architecture and furnishings

  • Ii Saburou Katsumori (Joshua B.)
    Jun 19, 2006
      A few thoughts:

      Chests and trunks make great places to store things (and it provides a
      place to put the sewing machine, etc., once you take it out). Ikea
      used to have some nice wooden chests that could easily be modified
      (painted, decorated, etc.) to fit into a more mediaeval look.

      For computers: Think about wireless computers and using laptops. The
      laptops can be hidden out of sight easily enough, and have the
      advantage of being portable.

      You can use curtains around the walls--a popular wall covering, at
      least in the 15th and 16th centuries (and I believe earlier) in
      England. This can allow you to hide doors or other items, if you

      Perhaps further than you want to go: World Market has some nice
      matting that reminds me of the rush mats that might give a good feel
      to the room, but I've not tried it myself.

      Just a few thoughts late at night.

    • Show all 24 messages in this topic