53616RE: doll advice

  • Sue Warner
    Apr 6, 2006
      hi all (don't know if this made it through last night)

      I have a book here from Dover that is called ---

      Make Your Own Old-Fashioned Cloth Doll and Her Wardrobe With Full-Size
      Patterns by Claire Bryant ISBN 0-486-2631-4

      Which has the "Raggity Ann" style doll in it flat body and head with
      painted on face and hair. While it is more "early american" the
      patterns for the clothes would not be hard to adapt or even the size of
      the doll (about 15" or so)

      about the fabric for the doll body -- I would think that the tighter
      weave and the stronger the fabric the longer the doll would last

      Mariassa