53472Re: Need some sewing guidance... turret/pillbox hats

  • Emmie
    Mar 6 12:13 PM
      --- In Authentic_SCA@yahoogroups.com, TudorLdy@... wrote:
      > However, a pillbox cap is *not difficult*. Unless one is interested
      >in doing millinery from the ground up (inasmuch as the original
      >poster stated that she has only intermediate sewing experience),
      >consider that abric stores that have bridal departments frequently
      >have buckram hat forms.

      Actually, I am very interested in millinery from the ground up. Yes,
      my sewing skills are not the best, but I see it as an opportunity for
      self-improvement : ) With that in mind I intend on using 2-3 layers
      of a heavy linen in the place of buckram (a suggestion given from the
      SCA_Milliners Yahoo Group.) Thank you for your suggestion though. I
      will keep it in mind if I get too frustrated with the project.

      YIS,

      Elisabeth Hänsel
    • Show all 14 messages in this topic