53448Re: Need some sewing guidance... turret/pillbox hats and buttons
- Mar 3, 2006--- In Authentic_SCA@yahoogroups.com, "hawkhurstmanor@..."
>Do you have any specific questions about the process??Elyn,
Do I ever have questions. You partially answered part of it when
you discussed the side being longer. I want to make sure I am not
off base and that I am visualizing this properly. I was having
issues with just my practice one without scallops. I have been
working under the assumption that it is a four part item:
1. 1-3 layers heavy linen as a stiffened lining (period = to
buckram) for the scalloped sides/ring.
2. 1-3 layers heavy linen as a stiffened lining (period = to
buckram) for top circle piece.
3. Layer linen that covers the "buckram" on the outside of the
4. Layer linen that covers the "buckram" on the outside of the
tope circle piece.
Make the "ring" or sides as if you are constructing a fillet. Sew
circle onto top just below the creases of the scallops. (I did a
sketch drawing, because I simply stink at trying to explain how I
think this is suppose to look.)
The question come in with did you make it wider towards the top or
the same all the way up like these from the Naumberg Cathedral?
I was thinking straight... but I was not sure. I am sewing a
braid/cord along the scallop to get a 3 dimensional look like in the
codex. Thank you any help or guidance that may be offered.
- << Previous post in topic Next post in topic >>