53446Re: [Authentic_SCA] Need some sewing guidance... turret/pillbox hats and buttons

  • hawkhurstmanor@yahoo.com
    Mar 3, 2006
      MODERATOR NOTE:
      PLEASE DO NOT TOP-POST
      THANK YOU

      I made one of the scalloped pillbox hats last year and had an interesting time with it. I did make a pattern off the final product. (Some of my friends call it my Jughead hat). I ended up cutting the outside layer longer than the actual piece that was the side of the pillbox. I also did all of it by hand the final time and found that helped a lot in being able to adjust as I went. I still have a bit of a problem making the scallops stay exactly where I want them. Do you have any specific questions about the process??

      Yours,
      Elyn de Hauocmore
    • Show all 6 messages in this topic