52904recipe information

  • Amy Heilveil
    Dec 30, 2005
      From a post of Bogdan's located on Stephan's Floriligium, dated July 1999:

      The Making of Stuffed *Eggs - interpretation by Redaction by Ld. Ras (LJ
      Spencer)
      *

      'Take as many *eggs* as thou wilt and boil them whole in hot water, put them
      in
      cold water and divide them in half with a thread. Take the yolks asise and
      crush cilantro, put in onion juice, pepper, and coriander and beat all this
      together with murri, oil, and salt and mash the yolks with this until it
      becomes a paste. Then stuff the whites with this and fasten it together,
      insert a small stick into each egg and sprinkle them with pepper, God
      willing.
      Redaction by al-Sayyid A'aql ibn Rashid al-Zib, AoA, OSyc
      Copyright c 1999 L. J. Spencer, Jr. Williamsport, PA

      12 *Eggs*, hard-boiled and peeled
      1 T Cilantro, mashed
      1 tsp Onion juice
      3/8 tsp Black pepper, ground
      1/2 tsp Coriander seed, ground
      1 tsp Byzantine murri naqi
      1 T Olive oil (or more)
      Salt to taste
      12 round Toothpicks
      Blackpepper, ground for garnish

      Cut *eggs* in half, removing yolks which are placed in a seperate bowl.
      Beat cilantro, onion juice, murri and olive oil together. Add salt to taste.
      Add yolks, mashing mixture until it forms a smooth paste, adding more oil as
      needed.Stuff yolk mixture into each egg half. Secure halves together with a
      toothpick. Sprinkle lightly with pepper

      Date: Tue, 20 Jul 1999 12:40:35 -0500 (CDT)
      From: Jeff Heilveil <heilveil at uiuc.edu>
      Subject: SC - stuffed *eggs
      *

      Last night I tried the stuffed *eggs* recipe. It was WONDERFUL. My only
      suggestion is that like the original says, cut the *eggs* with thread, as it
      works better than any knife.

      *Bogdan*

      The Meat Roman Style is found in Milham, ME. 1998. *Platina. On Right
      Pleasure and Good Health*. Medieval and Renaissance Text and Studies. Tempe,
      Az.

      IIRC, it's ground meat with corriander and salt cooked over a fire, but look
      up the recipe to be sure. :)

      I didn't mean to be a spoon tease. :)

      Smiles,
      Despina