51404Re: [Authentic_SCA] Ah, bartering

  • Laura Morgan
    Aug 1, 2005
      Yeah...we live in a town where the town grew up around a very old university. There is no parking associated with the library at all...and no public parking. absolutely none. you have to have some sort of university pass to park anywhere in that district of town. I have gone there several times and just considerred the parking ticket to be the fee for doing my research. But I still hate doing it because, technically you are breaking the law.

      you never know what people's situations are.

      as an aside...I just love how much great documentation is now available on the web. When I think back to when I first got started...okay I'm gonna stop with that thought because I am going to turn into my grandmother "when I was a kid, I had to walk uphill to school both ways in the freezing cold with no shoes..."

      but really...Everyone who has contributed to the wealth now available, THANKYOU!!!

      Laura

      jeffrey.heilveil@... wrote:
      > So, what does someone with no money and no barterable skills do for an
      > authentic kit? I am capable of making most things myself, it just
      > takes me a very, very long time.

      I think you underestimate the amount of time that people have for things.
      I know a number of people who are VERY interested in doing things
      authentically, like libraries, but don't have the time to hunt down
      documentation for things. People like this must exist in your geographic
      area as well (your personal geography, not that of your persona).

      So if you are willing to hunt down documentation for them for their stuff,
      and provide the documentation for what you want them to make (the latter
      of which I routinely do when I barter), you should do fine.

      Bogdan

      Jeffrey S. Heilveil, Ph.D.
      Postdoctoral Fellow
      Department of Biological Sciences
      North Dakota State University
      Stevens Hall
      Fargo, ND 58105
      jeffrey.heilveil@...

      This is the Authentic SCA eGroup

      Living history Car history Credit history Used car history Vehicle history Comfort suite at living history farm

      Laura Morgan
      with Aubrey & Booga