51398Re: [Authentic_SCA] Ah, bartering

  • jeffrey.heilveil@ndsu.edu
    Aug 1, 2005
      > So, what does someone with no money and no barterable skills do for an
      > authentic kit? I am capable of making most things myself, it just
      > takes me a very, very long time.

      I think you underestimate the amount of time that people have for things.
      I know a number of people who are VERY interested in doing things
      authentically, like libraries, but don't have the time to hunt down
      documentation for things. People like this must exist in your geographic
      area as well (your personal geography, not that of your persona).

      So if you are willing to hunt down documentation for them for their stuff,
      and provide the documentation for what you want them to make (the latter
      of which I routinely do when I barter), you should do fine.

      Bogdan

      Jeffrey S. Heilveil, Ph.D.
      Postdoctoral Fellow
      Department of Biological Sciences