51254Re: [Authentic_SCA] Corrective Lenses (was Authenticity)

  • bronwynmgn@aol.com
    Jul 27, 2005
      In a message dated 7/27/2005 2:04:56 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
      Authentic_SCA@yahoogroups.com writes:

      <<I -do- have to say that there are certain circumstances where
      corrective lenses -are- dead out; although these do not generally
      occur at SCA events. If I were, say, doing an educational demo,
      properly interpreting someone from the past, I'd have to lose the
      glasses. Not being able to see might have to be part of that
      interpretation, or else I'd have to get contacts.>>

      This is where I would run into a problem. I'd LOVE to be able to lose the
      glasses, especially for educational demos. But my focal point without
      corrective lenses is approximately 3 inches in front of my nose; I wouldn't be able
      to see to demo anything, much less find the right item to show to a curious
      person. I've tried several different types of contacts; the BEST I've ever
      had required the use of rewetting drops every hour or more frequently and I
      still needed to get my fingernails on them to peel them off my eyeballs. They
      are simply not an option for me. And no, I cannot afford LASIK.

      Brangwayna
    • Show all 68 messages in this topic