51184Re: Greetings

  • wodeford
    Jul 20, 2005
      --- In Authentic_SCA@yahoogroups.com, "Anthony Partin"
      <marchoganton@h...> wrote:
      > I have just joined this list out of curiosity more than anything. I
      > am Syr Anton Cwith, i live in the Shire of Ffynnon Gath in the
      > southern region of Ansteorra. As some of you are probably well aware
      > of, Ansteorrans live in mundane tents by and large. I would like to
      > set about on the task of remedying this, at least within my
      > household. I would like advice on the cheapest and easiest way to
      > make period tents. I suspect that a standart Viking or Saxon style A-
      > frame would be the best, but you are the experts. Please give me
      > links, tips, and any other ideas you think I'll need in this endeavor.

      You're in luck, Sylvie just posted links to her two tentage projects
      in a previous message:
      I have not experienced the glory of the "Taj", but she did a great job
      on her wedge tent and I know she can probably point you at some other
      resources.

      Not having the time or a heavy enough sewing machine, my wedge is
      store-bought from a Civil War sutler. (www.blockaderunner.com) I'm
      quite pleased with it and should really send them a photo of the
      heraldic painting I put on it to mess with their tiny CSA minds.

      If you are tall or claustrophobic and don't like the idea of the walls
      closing in on you, a wedge, A-frame or geteld may not be your best bet.

      Welcome,
      Jehanne de Wodeford, Province of the Mists, West Kingdom
    • Show all 22 messages in this topic