5101Re: Bog Coat

  • unclrashid@aol.com
    Apr 30, 2001
      --- In Authentic_SCA@y..., Sunny Medlock <sunnyday@m...> wrote:
      > Kass,
      >
      > Did you want a copy of the Bog Coat article? I could mail you off
      one if
      > you like (or anyone else for that matter).
      >
      > Elisabetta
      >
      > >Elisabetta, do you recall the name of the article (or part of it)
      so we can
      > >search Threads' on-line archives?
      > >
      > >Kass

      I guess I am having a cranky day, normally I am not so negative, but
      I can't hold back any longer....

      I am familiar with this article, and I seem to recall that the coat
      is essentially late neolithic thru bronze age. What does this have
      to do with the SCA? It is fascinating, but just because it is older
      than our period, does not mean anyone was doing it in our period.
      (Look at the clothes your Mom wore in the 50's, is anyone wearing
      them now?)(If you are young enough that this doesn't apply to your
      Mom, just keep that info to yourself, missy!)

      For those who are interested but can't get hold of the article, it is
      highly similar to Tilke plate five, (sort of ancient) Iranian
      garments, figures 6 & 7.

      Rashid,
      Curmudgeon at large, I feel so much better now that I've got that off
      my chest, thanks!

      PS. to those of you who are the *culprits* (toungue in cheek!) of
      this thread, please don't be upset at my rant, and do continue to
      post to this group. Your contributions are ALWAYS welcome, even when
      we disagree!
    • Show all 136 messages in this topic