49421Re: Lewis Chessmen

  • xina007eu
    Mar 1, 2005
      --- In Authentic_SCA@yahoogroups.com, Jenn <aelfgifu@c...> wrote:

      > I have found reproductions of the Lewis Chessmen, but none w/ the
      > berserker chewing on his shield. Has anyone found that one in a
      set? I
      > would love to have him. <G>
      > --
      >
      > ____
      > Jennifer Hill
      > Ælfgifu
      > House Red Stag/Cynn Readheort

      I bought a single berserker in the gift shop of the Royal Museum /
      Museum of Scotland in Edinburgh. I don't think the berserker was in
      the sets they had there and in the British Museum, but the RM museum
      shop may be able to help you there. The berserkers were only
      available in white IIRC. I guess you could always buy a set and two
      extra white berserkers in the same size and swap the ones that come
      with the set for the berserkers. Only, the red side may then feel a
      little disadvantaged psychologically ;-)
      See
      http://www.nms.ac.uk/royal/index.asp?m=1&s=4&ss=2
      for the museum shop's page.

      Hope that helps!