48678RE: [Authentic_SCA] Re: Looking for supporting images

  • Guenievre de Monmarche
    Dec 6, 2004
      > --- In Authentic_SCA@yahoogroups.com, lilinah@e... wrote:
      > > WhiteRaven wrote:
      >
      > > The rosey houppelande on the left appears to me to have the front
      > > pulled up and tucked into the belt and the center front is pulled
      > up
      > > the most.
      > >
      > > It does not look as if the front is abbreviated and nor does it
      > > appear that the center front is either split or completely open.
      > >
      > > And the orangey one next to it looks as if it is being worn the
      > same way.
      > >
      > > Anahita
      >
      > This was my impression as well when examining the image. You might
      > do well finding more examples if you went to the scribal community.
      > Someone there may have seen other examples of a houppeland depicted
      > this way.
      >
      > Giovanna (Northshield)

      I've seen a few houppes that appear to have an opening all the way down
      center front, but not worn opened. A good example of this would be this one
      - http://pics.livejournal.com/generys/pic/0000558z. It's from folio 127 of
      manuscript 598 at the Bibliotheque National de France. I *think* it's
      something by Boccacio, but when I scanned it I just noted folio and
      manuscript #'s.

      Guenievre
    • Show all 4 messages in this topic