47345[Authentic_SCA] Re: frustrated in the thirteenth century :(

  • Sharon L. Krossa
    Sep 3, 2004
      At 5:13 PM +0000 9/3/04, Marc Carlson wrote:
      >--- In Authentic_SCA@yahoogroups.com, "Shane Stainton"
      ><newshoes2@c...> wrote:
      > > could anyone point me in the direction of 13th century Northumberland,
      > > specifically the tradesmen/craftsmen of the time?
      > > im having a dickens of a time finding anything :(
      > > also 13th century camp accutriments aside from tables beds and
      > > shelters thanks :)
      >You might want to spread your research first to 13th century in
      >general and northumberland in general. Then you can try to bring them
      >together. It's entirely likely that there IS no research that
      >anyone's done covering this period and place so far.

      In a similar vein, you might want to research tradesmen/craftsmen in
      general and 12th-14th century urban history in general, which should
      lead you to 13th century English urban history, which if you're lucky
      will lead you to 13th century Northumberland urban history (including
      tradesmen/craftsmen). But it is very unlikely that you'll find
      anything conveniently labelled "13th century Northumberland urban
      history" or even "13th century Northumberland history" -- you'll need
      to learn what the topics touching on the relevant aspects of 13th
      century Northumberland (that have been researched) are and are
      called. (Alas, historical studies are not often organized or labelled
      in ways that are convenient for re-creators trying to research the
      time and place of their specific persona ;-)

      Affrick
      --
      Sharon L. Krossa, skrossa-ml@...
    • Show all 10 messages in this topic