47339Re: frustrated in the thirteenth century :(

  • Marc Carlson
    Sep 3, 2004
      --- In Authentic_SCA@yahoogroups.com, "Shane Stainton"
      <newshoes2@c...> wrote:
      > could anyone point me in the direction of 13th century Northumberland,
      > specifically the tradesmen/craftsmen of the time?
      > im having a dickens of a time finding anything :(
      > also 13th century camp accutriments aside from tables beds and
      > shelters thanks :)

      YOu might take a look at the 75years yahoogroup, which focuses
      specifically on re-enacting in the 1250-1325 range (this of course
      assumes you are looking at the late 13th century, not earlier).
      Generally a nice bunch of folks, and they respond fairly well to
      people who are alb eto demonstrate they are also doing research and
      are willing to share it.

      You might want to spread your research first to 13th century in
      general and northumberland in general. Then you can try to bring them
      together. It's entirely likely that there IS no research that
      anyone's done covering this period and place so far.

      Marc/Diarmaid
    • Show all 10 messages in this topic