47316Re: linings (was: Digest Number 2590)

  • dona_violante
    Sep 1, 2004
      > Citation? I don't have anything resembling this in my database
      currently.

      I've found two sources which talk about this tunic:

      Dodds, Jerrilynn D., ed. _al-Andalus : the art of Islamic Spain_.
      New York: Metropolitan Museum of Art, 1992. The tunic is catalog
      no. 94. The view is from the back, b/c the front was very
      deteriorated.

      Flury-Lemberg, M. _Textile Conservation and Research_ (1988) has
      some very nice close ups, and a schematic of the whole tunic in the
      back of the book.

      Hope this helps!
      Violante
    • Show all 14 messages in this topic