45992Re: Medical treatments (vita D)

  • wulfy95113
    Jun 30, 2004
      They found some serious deformities in the skeletons of English
      Longbowmen...

      And you may have a point that many of our illnesses today are caused
      by poor eating, lack of exercise, etc- but that's only becuase we're
      not living long enough to get hit with them. Cancer killed few in
      the Middle ages- becuase few lived long enough for it to hit them.

      Wulfy

      --- In Authentic_SCA@yahoogroups.com, "Christopher Bogs" <cbogs@p...>
      wrote:
      > >I hold that many of the ills of today are caused by our poor
      eating
      > >habbits, and from processed foods. Afterall, laborers worked from
      sun
      > >up to sun down in the Medieval period, doing repetitive tasks, and
      > >carpel tunnel syndrom is a new pehenomenon as are other ills.
      > >Weavers, especially, do repetitive work (throwing the shuttle for
      > >hours on end) and we hear about Weaver's Bottom but not any other
      > >ailments.
      >
      > Just an alternate reason why we might see the emergence of these
      ills after
      > our period.

    • Show all 27 messages in this topic