44853Re: [Authentic_SCA] Re: Criss Cross Lacing

  • Wisby
    May 2, 2004
      I believe this was posted in reference and reply to a question I had asked a month or so ago asking about lacing, crosslacing, and applications. ( while learning about wickelbander/norse legwraps )
      I did find the portrait to be a helpful illustration,understanding that I would not be then expected to use it as permission, as it were, to be lazy on other garments.
      Thank you for posting the picture, its likely I never would have seen it otherwise.

      In Service,
      AEsa

      Also, the question is begged: if 80-99% of the evidence points in
      one direction but you've found smaller possible evidence here and
      there, is the point then to reproduce the exception or to reproduce
      the rule? I tend to favor the 'rule' in recreating material culture;
      YMMV.

      -Marcele