44846Re: [Authentic_SCA] Re: Criss Cross Lacing

  • Hasoferet@aol.com
    Apr 30, 2004
      In a message dated 4/30/2004 8:48:42 PM Pacific Standard Time,
      demontsegur@... writes:

      > Also, the question is begged: if 80-99% of the evidence points in
      > one direction but you've found smaller possible evidence here and
      > there, is the point then to reproduce the exception or to reproduce
      > the rule? I tend to favor the 'rule' in recreating material culture;
      > YMMV.

      Depends how much of a sample there is, and how solid the evidence is. I
      wouldn't have any concerns about reproducing a dress style from a Ghirlandaio
      portrait.

      Raquel