39387Re: [Authentic_SCA] Armor question

  • bronwynmgn@aol.com
    Jan 1, 2004
      In a message dated 12/31/2003 7:50:22 PM Eastern Standard Time,
      Authentic_SCA@yahoogroups.com writes:

      <<Here is a armor question for every one. What would you
      rather see on the field:

      A) Armor that is made from plastics but hidden by
      other clothing to look like period armor

      OR

      B) Armor that is not quite period for the given
      persona but uses "SCA style" armor for certain areas.>>

      A, definitely. I have a real problem when SCA rules get in the way of doing
      good recreation. I understand the need for the armor bits that weren't used
      at certain periods (my husband fights, and I certainly don't want him to have a
      smashed knee or anything), but I don't think there's any reason to degenerate
      to standard "SCA style" armor if there is any way to make it look more
      accurate.

      Brangwayna
    • Show all 11 messages in this topic