39386quick update from DW

  • Carolin
    Jan 1, 2004
      Congratulations to Dr. Sanders and Dr. Jones! As I finished my
      doctoral thesis in December as well I know what a pain it can be - I
      hope you two have cried less and had more success in the last few
      years than me ;). But now: it is over - and I can go and get a job
      where I will get paid just as much as I was as graduate student, work
      harder and have more responsibilities. But somehow I am really
      looking forward to it :).

      As I am back in Europe right now the first thing I did was look for
      wool fabric. You wouldn't believe how cold it can get at an event
      with only one woolen layer and several linen layers. I have already
      found a very nice - but somewhat darkish red wool and am hoping to
      find something affordable in green as well. And then I can start
      working on my warm cotehardie and overdress! And try to line them,
      first real lining ever but I'll have to do it as my skin is not too
      happy with wool. I believe there was a longer thread on how to line
      so I won't ask questions about that just now.
      Unfortunately I won't be able to show the group any pictures from
      Drachenwald 12th Night (which should a very wonderful event in an old
      castle in Wales on the 3rd) but money is somewhat short, I have a
      cold and I should be somewhere else anyway. So I can't go - besides a
      cold and no real warm garb don't go together well :/.

      And maybe I'll get my fabric stash that is in my moving boxes in the
      next few weeks and can really decided what to do with all that. And
      my books... all my books. I have been without all my books for three
      months by now :/.
      --
      Carolin - with a cold in Germany and trying to find a job...

      Carolin von Adlersberg Somewhere in Drachenwald
      http://www.fairyforest.org/sca