39030Re: Robin Netherton visits the Philadelphia area!

  • sismith42
    Dec 1, 2003
      > > This is to ensure that she can actually publish her
      work/theories in an academic setting. If she allows recordings or
      publishes her work in a handout for the SCA audience, it will have
      a damaging effect on her ability to publish it and have it be a
      serious academic work.

      > Drea doesn't seem to have had that problem, or she wouldn't have
      > been invited back to Kalamazoo, nor would she have been able to
      > publish her book. So I really don't see where giving your

      has Drea published in any academic journals? I believe they can be
      fussy at times about whether something's been published before, and
      I think *that* is what Caindeer was refereing to, rather than
      the "ewww, you do SCA" thing.

      Steph
    • Show all 21 messages in this topic