39023Re: Robin Netherton visits the Philadelphia area!

  • Marc Carlson
    Dec 1, 2003
      --- In Authentic_SCA@yahoogroups.com, ACatelli@m... wrote:
      >> ??? said:
      >> Also remember that her theories are just that, theories. No matter
      >> how prettily she packages them, or how many paintings she puts
      >> together, they are theories until someone rips into a grave from
      >> the period and place and finds an intact gown.

      It's still a theory even then :)

      Moving past that into something being the carven in stone "fact"
      merely takes media exposure, or prefereably a preponderance of
      evidence. A garment is not a preponderance.of anything.

      Honestly, I like Robin - she and I don't always agree on every little
      detail, but we tend to approach these things from radically different
      directions. Even so, I have to say she knows her stuff. Of course,
      what do I know - I don't have anything in the professional literature
      either :)

      Marc/Diarmaid
    • Show all 21 messages in this topic