38714Re: Book search

  • Marc Carlson
    Nov 13, 2003
      --- In Authentic_SCA@yahoogroups.com, "Lyle H. Gray" <gray@c...> wrote:
      > Oh, heck, the book I want (J.A. Szirmai, "The Archaeology of
      > Medieval Bookbinding) is only $125, and I still can't afford
      > it...

      Have you tried Interlibrary Loan? Even taking into account the fact
      that some folks are holding on to them (or for that matter the few who
      have their library's copies on what is euphamistically called
      "permanent loan") there are 199 libraries across the planet that are
      listed as holders for this item - 21 of those are outside the US.
      Even taking into account the numbers that are likely non-circulating,
      non-lending libraries, checked out or missing, there should still be
      20-30 copies out there available for ILL.

      Marc/Diarmaid
    • Show all 25 messages in this topic