37304Re: [Authentic_SCA] Re: Help me, dancers! Abbots Bromley Horn Dance

  • Chris Laning
    Sep 1, 2003
      At 9:16 AM -0700 8/28/03, Joan Hall wrote:
      >--- Chris Laning <claning@...> wrote:
      >> A fact surprising to many Americans is that the
      >> eerie little tune
      >> that's almost universally used for this dance in the
      >> U.S is _not_ used for it by the traditional
      >> dancers in Abbots Bromley itself.
      >
      >Is that because Revels uses the eerie little tune and
      >most Americans who have ever heard of the Abbots
      >Bromley Horn Dance have heard of it via Revels, like
      >me?

      IIRC, it goes back farther than that -- to folk dance camps in some
      earlier decade or other. (I WISH I knew where my copy of that booklet
      went!!!)
      O (Lady) Christian de Holacombe
      | Chris Laning <claning@...>
      + Shire of Windy Meads - Davis, California