37055Re: [Authentic_SCA] Re: Help me, dancers! Abbots Bromley Horn Dance

  • Ron Carnegie
    Aug 27, 2003
      It has been a few years since I worked the Southern Renn Faires, but
      they continued when the fair moved. I left about the time the
      management changed however, so I don't know if they are still there. I
      thing the Side's name was The Pipe and Bowl Morris.

      On a related note, if you have a copy of the sheet music I would be
      very interested in getting a copy. I would like to arrange for for pipe
      and tabor.

      Cheers,
      Ranald de Balinhard

      alizkye> I'm not sure if this will be a help at all.....I remember the Abbots
      alizkye> Bromley Horn Dance being done every year at the Renaissance Pleasure
      alizkye> Faire in Southern California when it was in Agoura (when the
      alizkye> Patterson's were still running it). So you might want to try
      alizkye> contacting them. I think they are running another faire now in
      alizkye> Northern California and if my info is not totally amiss you can
      alizkye> contact Kevin Patterson (who I believe is Phyllis' son) at As You
      alizkye> Like It Productions 861 Sweetser Ave., Novato, CA 94945
      alizkye> Phone (415) 897-4555 | Fax (415) 897-2162 They may have what you are
      alizkye> looking for, or know someone who does.
      alizkye>
      alizkye> regards,
      alizkye>
      alizkye> aliskye
      alizkye>
      alizkye>
      alizkye> --- In Authentic_SCA@yahoogroups.com, "Joan Hall"
      alizkye> <joan_the_harpist1119@y...> wrote:
      alizkye> > Does anyone know of any place, any video, any tv show, anything
      alizkye> where
      alizkye> > I could see the Abbots Bromley Horn Dance done? I've started
      alizkye> working
      alizkye> > on the music as a harp instrumental and I've just fallen in love
      alizkye> with
      alizkye> > it! The San Francisco Revels always does it, but the year I sang
      alizkye> > with them (which is the only time I've "seen" the show) I never got
      alizkye> > to see it. I was backstage during the Horn Dance trying
      alizkye> desperately
      alizkye> > to _quietly_ drag my 240-lb. self up a flight of metal stairs to a
      alizkye> > hideous rickety catwalk above the stage for the following number.
      alizkye> > According to the notes in my music, it's almost time for the Abbots
      alizkye> > Bromley Horn Dance: "the Monday following the first Sunday of
      alizkye> > September that falls after the 4th of the month."
      alizkye> >
      alizkye> > Joan the Harper
      alizkye>

      --
      Ron Carnegie <r.carnegie@...>
      "The poetry of history lies in the quasi-miraculous fact that