32134almost perfect fabric.

  • Carolin
    May 2, 2003
      ok, as we were discussing fabric anyway and I really have to share
      this: I just got a package with wonderful upholstery fabric! won on
      ebay! 5.5yds for $34 incl. shipping! And it's so pretty (a bit on the
      heavy side which will affect draping...): nice rusty red with golden
      woven in pattern that looks almost like you can see in many drawings
      from the 15th c.
      (http://www.unitedtextilesinc.com/apr03/DSCN201348.jpg) - just
      because I really need to share ;)) ... and best of all... according
      to the burn test I just made it seems to be mostly if not 100%
      cotton! no poly for me! (or only very little)... but this baby will
      have to sit in my closet until fall... will make a nice houppe for
      12th night... :) + a nice hennin (already got the organza for the
      veil) *sigh*
      Sorry for taking up bandwith with stuff like that, but I think the
      lesson you can learn from this: sometimes you can find cool fabric on
      ebay ;)
      --
      Yours,
      Carolin - back to petting her fabric a bit more...

      ~*~ Carolin vom Adlersberg Barony of Storvik, Atlantia ~*~

      [...] Fride unde reht sint sêre wunt.
      diu driu enhabent geleites niht, diu zwei enwerden ê gesunt.
      Walter von der Vogelweide

      http://www.adlersberg.net
    • Show all 17 messages in this topic