29532Re: Wool-buying advice

  • andreahg2000 <andrea@gideonfamily.org>
    Feb 28, 2003

      > Wool suiting probably looks too modern. It's appropriate for
      > some uses and not others. If you're not sure, don't buy it.

      This is a good point. I've been told by "those in the know" that
      worsted is period for Elizabethan and other late period garments.

      > The wool most like medieval wool is called "flannel" by modern
      > fabric stores.

      The problem with most modern wool flannels that I've seen is that
      they're too thick for things like gowns or tunics. Many are
      heavyweight or coat weight. The flannel would be perfect if you can
      find light weight.

      > Kass

      Giovanna
    • Show all 23 messages in this topic