29531Re: Wool-buying advice

  • andreahg2000 <andrea@gideonfamily.org>
    Feb 28, 2003

      > Thank you! I'm glad now that I went ahead and asked, instead of taking
      > the plunge and buying that wool jersey I was eyeing. What about wool
      > crepe? Or challis?
      >
      > Margaret de Greyve

      I would avoid crepe. It's a common fabric for "fashion" women's
      suits, kind of nubbly textured. I doubt it's period but even if it
      is, it screams modern. I think you'd be safe with challis. I've
      never found wool challis for a reasonable price(do you have a
      source?), but I've used rayon challis for modern clothes and if it's
      the same type of weave, it would be good.
      Giovanna
    • Show all 23 messages in this topic