29524Wool-buying advice

  • Marian Llynn Hilliard
    Feb 28, 2003
      Having learned the hard way not to use synthetic fabric for garb, I am
      shopping around for wool, and I find myself quite bewildered by all
      the variety. Wool jersey, wool suiting, merino, gabardine,
      worsted....If anyone who knows more about fabric can offer some
      advice, I would be very grateful.

      The first project is a dress and stockings, and then an early sideless
      surcote. I think I would like something lightweight, so it doesn't
      kill me in the summer (I can always pile on the layers in colder
      weather).
    • Show all 23 messages in this topic