25671Re: [Authentic_SCA] Tudor Details

  • Amy L. Hornburg Heilveil
    Oct 3, 2002
      At 03:01 PM 10/2/2002 -0700, you wrote:
      >ooo, what kind of wedding dress was it? :-)

      late 1800's style. *Large* leg'o'mutton sleeves, smooth front skirt, long
      train. Done in a small slub dupioni silk. My veil was also silk. LOL! I
      glow in the pictures, and I'm not talking just because I'm happy! I
      actually appear to 'glow', like a ghost. *grin*

      >Hook&eyes are great once the dress is on, but my trouble is, without
      >someone to help dress, it can be very difficult to reach the back ones
      >(and even worse in a little tent where you can't stand up while dressing).

      I can see those problems. Getting in and out without help during the
      construction phase wasn't a barrel of fun, but it wasn't terribly difficult
      either. Then again, I was in my living room, not a tent. *grin*

      Smiles,
      Despina de la happy day, my wedding today's better though, I've still got
      my groom!
    • Show all 22 messages in this topic