23744Re: [Authentic_SCA] Top Five Reasons Why I Like Using Gores & Gussets

  • Heather Rose Jones
    Aug 1, 2002
      At 9:57 PM -0500 7/31/02, Sarah Michele Ford wrote:
      >On Wed, 31 Jul 2002, eanswythdeb wrote:
      >
      ><snip>
      >
      >> Top Five Reasons Why I Like Using Gores & Gussets
      >
      >Eanswyth, I just want you to know that I'm going to save this to push on
      >people when they try to argue that Our Old Way (yeah, me too) is just as
      >good...

      I did something similar for a local college beginning tunic workshop
      -- made them do the geometry on the chalkboard and calculate how much
      tunic they could get for the yardage by the two methods. (It's
      astounding what you can get college kids to do if you push the right
      buttons.)

      Tangwystyl
      --
      *****