23682Re: [Authentic_SCA] Re: Top Five Reasons Why I Like Using Gores & Gussets

  • rose@santiagosmagic.com
    Aug 1, 2002
      Admittedly, I'm working from memory, but I think the St. Louis tunic has front
      and back center gores, but no side gores and no underarm gussets. The Bockston
      tunic has front and back center gores, plus side gores and underarm gussets. I
      believe they're both shirt length, although I've used the Bockston pattern for
      a floor-length dress a couple of times.

      Rose

      Quoting Lura <real_wednesday@...>:

      > Well, that's what I get for just looking at the pictures.
      >
      > --- wodeford <wodeford@...> wrote:
      > > --- In Authentic_SCA@y..., Lura <real_wednesday@y...> wrote:
      > > > Actually, the FirstGarb page is the one I used, not the St.
      > > > Louis pattern. I had forgotten that since the St. Louis
      > > tunic is
      > > > shirt length instead of dress length, there are no center
      > > > front/back gores.
      > >
      > > The instructions for the St. Louis tunic do include center
      > > gores in
      > > front and in back.
      > > http://www.reconstructinghistory.com/beginners/StLouis.html
      > >
      > > Jehanne

      -=-=-=-

      food. shelter. clothing. net. Got.net - The Internet Connection, Inc
    • Show all 14 messages in this topic