22273Re: [Authentic_SCA] Re: Upper class casual

  • Gwendoline Rosamond
    Jun 30, 2002
      Frankly, I don't think you're ever going to find that - the closest you
      might find would be something like a hunt scene. One thing I think far too
      many of us sometimes forget in our eagerness to research is the fact that
      drawings, paintings, woodcuts, etc... are photographs and aren't produced
      to show most situations. I think most nobles wouldn't allow themselves to
      be portrayed that way so visual evidence is rather unlikely.

      At 12:25 PM 6/22/2002 -0400, you wrote:
      >Thanks. I was actually hoping for an actual picture of someone we know to
      >be upper class, in casual clothing.
      >It's for some research I'm doing outside the SCA and the proof has to be
      >airtight. I'm making an excellent case, but the absolute proof would help
      >a great deal. I'd hoped that you'd come across something like this on
      >your travels.
    • Show all 6 messages in this topic