205Re: [Authentic_SCA] Vocal music and Languages

  • L Joseph
    Mar 7, 2001
      --- Bob Davis <brewer@...> wrote:
      > Kass McGann wrote:
      > She bloody well better. You are staring at me as I
      > type this, so I am
      > filing it away for future blackmail. ;-)
      >
      > I confess, I had no idea what Jehanne was referring
      > to, spake the
      > college-trained musicologist, but am keen to learn.
      Check out "Lyrics of the Troubadours and Trouveres"
      edited by Frederick Goldin. (Not the easiest to find,
      but I got mine through amazon.com.) It is a terrific
      compilation of poetry in the original dialects, with
      translations, and includes the text of Coeur de Lion's
      "Ja Nus Hon Pris". Sorry, no musical notation, but
      it's good stuff.

      Also worth reading is Meg Bogin's "The Women
      Troubadours."

      Jehanne de Wodeford, Rusted Woodlands, East

      =====
      "I do but sing because I must, And pipe but as the linnets sing." Alfred, Lord Tennyson, "In Memoriam."

      http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/
    • Show all 26 messages in this topic