197Re: [Authentic_SCA] Vocal music and Languages

  • Kass McGann
    Mar 6, 2001
      > > They were Ren Faire performers and the King and
      > > Queen aren't learned enough
      > > to know that.
      > The King had enough sense to pick Mistress Dorigen. He
      > tries. He really tries for a stick swinger.

      That's true, though I thought Dorigen mispoke too much to win. I thought
      Ismenia was robbed...

      > Agreed. Storytelling is not my metier, but she's
      > amazing.

      All you had to do was look at that lot of Andre's squires who competed to
      see that Ismenia is really a talented storyteller.

      Though I do give Andre's squires a gold star for doing something other than
      swinging a stick. I just wish I didn't have to sit through it. =)

      > On his way back from the crusade, Richard Lionheart
      > was captured and imprisoned by Leopold(?)of Austria.
      > "Ja nus hon pris" is the song he wrote complaining of
      > his plight. The melody is lovely and will be easy
      > enough to arrange for psaltery. Whether I can memorize
      > that much Old French (and pronounce it) will be the
      > test.

      Well then I want to hear it! =)

      Kass
    • Show all 26 messages in this topic