14785Re: 12th night dress?

  • unclrashid@aol.com
    Dec 1, 2001
      --- In Authentic_SCA@y..., "Jeanne Harney" <jeanne@p...> wrote:
      > Rashid chimed in with:
      > >This sounds wonderful! But I hope you won't forget the hat! No
      > >houppelande like this would be complete without some type of
      totally
      > >outrageous hat! I recommend an extra big version of the "donut &
      > >coxcomb" hat.
      >
      > Well, I kind of have to...since I'm the only one in the Barony who
      has
      > worn any hat, and now I have to teach them about hats, and I know
      it has
      > to be BIG to balance out the BIG dress. I don't think I can pull
      off
      > the hat Mistress Cynthia wore...can you send me a pic or a URL for
      the
      > donut and coxcomb?

      For donut & coxcomb see Cynthias articles on Mens & Womens Stuffed
      roll hats:

      http://www.virtue.to/articles/

      Cynthia seperates the men's & women's, but if you look at a lot of
      pictures, you will find that the women also wore a lot of the same
      styles as the men. But there were some styles that were for women
      only, which the men never wore, so the way she has them seperated
      makes sense from that perspective.

      Rashid
    • Show all 15 messages in this topic