13999Re: OT: Happydance!

  • Elizabeth Walpole
    Nov 2, 2001
      > Date: Thu, 1 Nov 2001 01:07:56 -0500
      > From: "Jeanne Harney" <jeanne@...>
      >Subject: OT: Happydance!
      >
      >Just gotta share...I had the most incredible experience today! I should
      >preface this by saying that I am the world's most squeamish person. In
      >High School, I was carried to the nurse at least twice a week during
      >Health Ed class because I'd passed out, I can't watch a movie that's
      >rated PG-13 without someone I trust seeing it first, because if there's
      >ANY blood in it I'll pass out...you get the picture!
      >Anyway, my sister in law had a baby today, and I was there through all
      >the labor, and I STAYED THROUGH DELIVERY AND DIDN'T PASS OUT!!!! It was
      >the most amazing thing I've EVER seen. I am so psyched! Lillian Faye is
      >a gorgeous little girl, 6 lbs 7 oz, 19 1/2 inches long, and scored 9.9
      >on her Apgar test. She's perfect, and was alert and happy almost at
      >once.
      Yay, good for you, it's probably a mental thing in that you were so busy
      thinking about your sister in law and the baby you didn't have time to think
      about the yucky stuff. Or maybe you're just getting better about that sort
      of stuff

      >My daughter had told me she was banning me from the delivery room when
      >she had her kids because she didn't want the doctors to have to deal
      >with me passing out. Now I can prove to her that when she gets pregnant
      >I'll be OK!!!

      Was she serious, I couldn't do that, then again my mum's a nurse so I'll
      probably get her to translate whatever the doctor throws at me ;)

      >Jeanne
      >

      >"I will confess that I look forward to the day when we have cleansed
      >the universe of Microsoft Employees and carved their bones into flutes
      >for children. 'Tis a dream I have."

      LOL (lucky I'm the only one left up) where in heaven's name did you get
      that? I want to forward it to everyone I know.

      ----
      Elizabeth Walpole Elizabeth Walpole
      Politarchopolis, Lochac Canberra Australia
      ewalpole@...

      Mr. Speaker, I said the honorable member was a liar it is true and I am
      sorry for it. The honourable member may place the punctuation where he
      pleases.
      Richard Brinsley Sheridan (1751-1816) British dramatist. On being asked to
      apologize for calling a fellow MP a liar. Attrib.
    • Show all 7 messages in this topic