13917Re: Sleeves

  • s_krasley@recordtrak.com
    Nov 2, 2001
      AH Roger van der Weyden's work. It's the same sleeve construction
      was the Braque Family Triptych, Right Panel, Mary Magdalene.
      And yes that sleeve is just pinned on. The nice thing about the
      pictue that's posted here is you can see the construction of the back
      of the dress. You are looking at a typical 15th century kirtle with
      the short sleeve, a long sleeve under dress and the pinned on over
      sleeve.

      - Brynn

      --- In Authentic_SCA@y..., Ariane Helou <ahelou@u...> wrote:
      > Carolle wrote:
      > > > this link didn't work :-(
      > > > http://www.uvm.edu/~hag/sca/15th/vosp24.jpg
      > >I copy/pasted it this time from the actual site. Hope it helps.
      >
      > Yeah, it worked this time...so pretty!! :-) Is this a detail from
      > portrait? I'd like to look at the whole thing.
      > It looks like the sleeves aren't even sewn on, just pinned to the
      dress
      > (kirtle?).
      >
      > >yanno, i printed the pic off, and the skirt comes off a tawny gold
      much like
      > >the bodice. Silly screen. Sorry!
      >
      > Hey, no big deal :-) Everyone's computer acts a bit funny
      sometimes.

      > >Well,Vittoria, it could also be that i'm not using correct
      terminology.
      > >"upper sleeve" here is the part that continues from the bodice,
      the little
      > >puff at her shoulder. "lower sleeve" is, to me, the sleeve proper.
      >
      > Ok, I see what you're saying :-)
      >
      > >On both
      > >my screen and the printout that is a solid deep green, multi-
      slashed sleeve.
      > >Is that any help?
      >
      > Yep, that's pretty much what it looked like to me too.
      >
      > Vittoria
    • Show all 10 messages in this topic