13895Re: [Authentic_SCA] Sleeves

  • Ariane Helou
    Nov 2, 2001
      Carolle wrote:
      > > this link didn't work :-(
      > > http://www.uvm.edu/~hag/sca/15th/vosp24.jpg
      >I copy/pasted it this time from the actual site. Hope it helps.

      Yeah, it worked this time...so pretty!! :-) Is this a detail from a
      portrait? I'd like to look at the whole thing.
      It looks like the sleeves aren't even sewn on, just pinned to the dress
      (kirtle?).

      >yanno, i printed the pic off, and the skirt comes off a tawny gold much like
      >the bodice. Silly screen. Sorry!

      Hey, no big deal :-) Everyone's computer acts a bit funny sometimes.

      >Well,Vittoria, it could also be that i'm not using correct terminology.
      >"upper sleeve" here is the part that continues from the bodice, the little
      >puff at her shoulder. "lower sleeve" is, to me, the sleeve proper.

      Ok, I see what you're saying :-)

      >On both
      >my screen and the printout that is a solid deep green, multi-slashed sleeve.
      >Is that any help?

      Yep, that's pretty much what it looked like to me too.

      Vittoria
    • Show all 10 messages in this topic