12099Re: [Authentic_SCA] Re: Italian sumptuary laws, and question about odd lacing style

  • Venera di Nardiello
    Sep 4, 2001
      --- ivinian@... wrote:
      > One question: How do they get that peculiar lacing
      > in some of those
      > views, with the laces running horizontally from side
      > to side with no
      > crossings ("x's")? I wondered. It must be done from
      > the inside, but I
      > can't figure it out for the life of me.
      >
      > Aoda

      Warning! Bad ACII art. <G>

      This is how I do it. You can start at either end.
      Solid lines are on outside of gown and dashed ones on
      the inside.

      Start (with a basic bulky knot on the inside of the
      gown pull lace through to outside, straight across and
      down into corresponding eyelet on the other side)
      |________
      /
      /
      /
      /
      /
      /
      /
      /
      /________
      /
      /
      /
      /
      /
      /
      /
      /
      /________

      End (I use a double half-hitch knot as it's
      easiest for me to undo)

      This is also known as spiral lacing.
      I prefer it over ladder lacing since I'm paranoid
      about things staying laced. <G>

      Venera di Nardiello

      http://im.yahoo.com
    • Show all 10 messages in this topic