12040Eyelets

  • Sunny Medlock
    Sep 2, 2001
      ... Any idea where I might find little rings like that? I have
      > >been looking at soldered split rings, but I don't think they come
      big
      > >or sturdy enough.
      > >
      > >Elisabetta
      >
      > Off the top of my head - I don't know. However, try a hardware
      store for washers or I seem to remember something like them for
      drapery stuff. Personally, I've never used the rings and found that
      whipstiched eyelets on their own are plenty strong enough, even on a
      corset.

      > Cheers,
      > Gwendoline

      Since I haven't done much handsewing yet, I still don't trust the
      strength. Logic tells me that if tight corsets could be handsewn and
      sturdy at the same time, then I can do it, but I've been brainwashed
      by my sewing machine. :)

      As far as drapery rings, I have only seen metal ones twice ever and
      never small enough for this. I have thought about washers, but
      haven't seen any that would work yet. I still have to look harder.
      I have though about making my own, or bartering with a friend that
      makes chainmaile for some soldered rings of that sort... Still
      working on that one.

      Thanks for the help.

      Elisabetta
    • Show all 14 messages in this topic